The Angular CLI is a command line interface for Angular.
As you might have noticed from the previous chapters, creating a project structure for a new web app may be a non-trivial task. Working with multiple projects or frequently creating new ones may become extremely time-consuming as you need configuring project structure again and again.
The Angular CLI makes it easy to create an application that already works, right out of the box. It already follows our best practices!
This command line tool automates and simplifies many common scenarios, including:
- create new project structure from scratch with most optimal configuration out of the box
- scaffold common Angular building blocks using one of the various blueprints (components, directives, pipes, services and other)
- serving, watching and live reload
- code linting
- unit testing, code coverage reports, and end-to-end testing
- development and production builds